Staying in to celebrate New Year with the kids? Check out these fab ideas for a family friendly NYE and ways to get them involved in the festivities, reflecting on the past 12 months and thinking of their hopes and dreams for the future.
And get this, you don’t even have to stay up ‘til midnight!
10. Make a memory jar throughout the year which includes all the family’s best, funny and memorable bits. Open up and read on NYE and have a good old reminisce
9. Make some party hats if you’re feeling crafty to jazz up your outfit
8. Decorate the house in a new year theme and make it all bling – clocks, fireworks, and don’t forget the glitter, you can never have too much glitter!
7.Dress up! Fancy dress or best party frocks let the kids choose or why not let them create some photo booth props to add some pizazz to the evening’s photos
6. Hey Mr DJ! Let them select the play list for the party with all their favourite tunes. How many times will Black Lace feature?
5. All parties need snacks – let them create a special dish for the occasion. We love the idea of clock face cupcakes!
4. Play some games! Love these quick minute game ideas – the tights and tennis ball game looks like fab fun!
3. Make a New Year Wishing Wand and encourage them to let you in on their dreams for the future
2. Let them oversee the New Year Countdown (even if it’s at 7pm) – why not pop a balloon every second during the final 10 second countdown?
- Toast in the New Year with a milk shot or a mocktail!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
How will you be celebrating with your family? Let us know by posting a comment below.
Lots of love Burble Baby x